Little Angels Center has put together a wonderful telepractice program for speech services during the pandemic via private pay. It’s our new way to connect with you and keep services going. Please call our office today at 631-319-3350 to set this up. It doesn’t matter where in New York you live.
Little Angels Center provides home-based and facility-based services throughout Suffolk County, Nassau County, and New York City.
Little Angels utilizes an interdisciplinary approach to therapy while offering strategies to families that can be embedded within the home, community and the family’s daily routine. Our professional staff assists in creating the child’s Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP), with the goal of identifying the child’s strengths and needs.
Services Little Angels Center Provides
Little Angels Center provides pediatric services within the following disciplines.
- Speech Therapy - A speech and language pathologist (SLP) specializes in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of speech, language, cognitive-communication disorders, voice disorders, fluency, swallowing disorders and social communication difficulties. An SLP assists children in expressing their basic wants/needs to their family, interacting with their peers as well as swallowing issues.
- Occupational Therapy - An occupational therapist (OT) provides evaluations and treatment with a focus on helping children with a fine motor, sensory motor, visual motor and/or cognitive disability, become as independent as possible. They encourage independence with activities of daily living (ADL’s) and self-help skills to include dressing, feeding, bathing, and etc.
- Physical Therapy - A physical therapist (PT) provides evaluation and treatment to children with the focus on treating gross motor, neuromotor, musculoskeletal and gait disorders.
- Psychological - The psychologist will evaluate the child’s overall development using age-appropriate developmental testing materials. The NYS Licensed Psychologist has the ability to identify and diagnose children with Autism. (The diagnosis of Autism is based on the American Pediatric Association’s DSM-V or the most current manual).
- Special Instruction - A certified teacher who specializes in supporting the social, emotional and cognitive development of children, using a language enriched and play-based approach to learning
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) - ABA Therapy applies the understanding of how behavior works in real situations. The goal of ABA therapy is to increase behaviors that are positive and decrease behaviors that interfere with learning.
- Family Training - The family trainer teaches the family and caregivers how to incorporate therapeutic strategies within his/her daily activities, throughout the home and community.
- Ongoing Service Coordination (OSC) - The OSC is the liaison between the family, service providers and the Early Intervention Official Designee (EIOD). They coordinate services and assist in making any changes necessary within the student's plan and assist with transitions to the preschool program (CPSE).
- Vision Therapy - The vision teacher provides vision therapy services to assist the visually impaired. The vision teacher focuses on managing visual problems that interfere with learning.
- Counseling - Works with the child and family members to discuss issues that impact the child’s development.
- Social Work - The social worker provides information and assistance to the family. They provide emotional support as well as assistance to help the family access community resources.
- Assistive Technology Devices and Services - Little Angels Center provides assistive technology assessments with the goal of improving the child’s overall function in the areas of communication, activities of daily living, seating and mobility. We assess for the appropriate use of augmentative communication devices, supportive seating, bath chairs, standers, etc.
Little Angels Center provides pediatric services to children from birth-21 years of age on Long Island (Suffolk County and Nassau County) and New York City.
We employ experienced pediatric therapists with specialized training and certifications in:
- Pediatric Neuro-Developmental Treatment (NDT)
- PROMPT Therapy
- Sensory Integration Training
- Sequential Oral Sensory (S.O.S) Feeding
- Therapeutic Feeding
- Board Certified Behavioral Analyst (BCBA)
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA)
The Little Angels Center provides:
- Early Intervention Services - Provides services to infants and toddlers under three years of age who may not be making progress at the same rate as their peers because of a developmental delay or disability.
- CPSE - The Little Angels Center provides preschool evaluations and services to children 3-5 years of age.
- CSE -The Little Angels Center provides evaluations and related services in the area of speech therapy, occupational therapy and physical therapy for students over the age of five, who have been identified as a student with a disability.
We help empower
our clients to reach
their fullest potential!